Production area and manufacturing equipment expanded
The POLYRACK TECH-GROUP continues its growth: The company responds to the constant demand for individual enclosures and system solutions, with the expansion of its plant in Ettlingen near Karlsruhe (Germany), which responds to the requirements for additional production capacities.
- The production area in Ettlingen was already expanded by around 1200m² in the last year, and now captures a total area of approx. 9000m² at this location.
- Furthermore, the start for the capacity expansion of the production equipment in welding and bending technologies was intitiated.
- In a second step, POLYRACK took an additional invest in the grinding/deburring process and equipped it with state-of-the-art automated production technologies.
All of this will not only safeguard a higher production capacity for the enclosure and systems expert, but also guarantees a further improvement in product quality.
“The aim of the expansion was to create more space for production equipment and processes and to upgrade the mechanical operation to the next technical level,” explains Andreas Rapp, CEO of POLYRACK TECH-GROUP. “We are in the position to realise the constantly rising demands on the quality of the components. Thanks to the optimization of production processes, through the centralization of the mechanical production, as well as continued progress in fully automatic production equipment.”
The machinery in the mechanics area, among other machines, includes
- A new analogue + high-speed spot welding system
- A new plain + 3D grinding and satin finishing system
- Stud welding equipment
- Laser welding robots
- Machines for laser welding, TIG-, MIG- and MAG-welding.
POLYRACK guarantees its customers the known top service and on-time delivery for individual enclosure solutions, dedicated for the use in various areas of the industry, such as safety technology, measurement and control technology, railway technology, aerospace, medical technology and others.
Über POLYRACK TECH-GROUP
The POLYRACK TECH-GROUP develops and manufactures high quality standard cases and customer-specific enclosure solutions. Thanks to a broad range of technologies in the mechanical manufacturing, systems engineering / electronics, plastics and surface finishing, POLYRACK offers electronic packaging for every need. The service offering extends from consulting in the conception phase, development, manufacturing and assembly right through to logistic solutions and sourcing services.
The group of companies comprises POLYRACK Electronic-Aufbausysteme GmbH, RAPP Kunststofftechnik GmbH, RAPP Oberflächenbearbeitung GmbH, POLYRACK Aerospace GmbH, Metalle in Form Geräteteile GmbH as well as subsidiaries in America, Belgium, China and Switzerland. The owner-managed company has around 460 employees worldwide and achieved a turnover of 77 million euros in the group in fiscal year 2020.